Friday, 8 May 2015
Useful tips to listen to the news
• Don’t worry about how much you understand. Listen to or watch the report first a few times ‘just for fun’.
• Stop and review as many times as necessary.
• Write a brief summary (one or two sentences) of each story.
• Set yourself a few questions to answer. Then listen again for the answers.
• Make notes of any new vocabulary you think is useful.
• Why not listen to the news with a friend? You can help each other by talking about what you each understand.
• When you feel confident, try listening to the news in English in different accents.